Nature for everyone
There are currently 6 fully accessible routes in the Network of Natural Parks of Barcelona Provincial Council:
- La Pleta Botanical Route (Garraf)
- SL-C 63 La Font de la Portella (Sant Llorenç del Munt i l'Obac)
- La Font del Frare (Montseny)
- Masia Mariona Route (Montseny)
- Sau Nature School Route (Guilleries-Savassona)
- Fondal Path (Serra de Collserola)
The routes begin at park facilities which supply all the necessary material to ensure that visitors with special needs have an enjoyable, comfortable and exciting experience. The equipment includes handbikes, Joëlette all-terrain one-wheeled chairs and guide poles, along with maps, information sheets and other materials produced in Braille. What’s more, some of these adapted routes offer the possibility of using a voice guide: just connect to the www.woices.com website through a smartphone or download the audio files beforehand (just in case there is no signal in the park!). And that’s not all: there are hidden treasures on the routes that you can seek out by following the instructions listed on the www.geocaching.com website and following the route that way.
If that isn’t enough to convince you to embark on an adventure, bear in mind that inclusive dramatised routes are also organised, aimed at all visitors, including those with special needs. They take place on one Saturday each month from February to November (except July and August) at the Natural Park of Sant Llorenç del Munt i l’Obac, at the Montseny Natural Park and at the Natural Park of Montnegre i el Corredor. See the schedule on the accessibility website of the parks.
- The No et quedis a casa (Don’t stay at home) video shows the available resources, materials and services.