The goal of Barcelona Provincial Council in respect of tourism is to promote —through its “Barcelona is much more” tourist brand— the social and economic development of the municipalities of the province of Barcelona by means of the tourism sector, ensuring all the while that a harmonious balance is struck between this development and the socio-cultural and natural environments in which tourism activity takes place.
- To boost and support the tourism policies developed by municipalities and other territorial bodies.
- To create and promote tourism products.
These goals are pursued through the following actions:
- Promoting territorial groups and business groups in order to achieve high-quality, competitive tourism.
- Contributing to boosting tourism in the area through the management of funding for investment in infrastructures and tourism activities managed within the Local Government Network programme.
- Participating in consortia for the promotion of tourism throughout the province. Promoting the creation and improvement of tourist offices.
- Managing tourism marketing and communication tools and media through the “Barcelona is much more” brand, in order to position the tourism offering of the province of Barcelona in various outbound markets.
Tourism Marketing Office
Tourism Technical Office
Recinte Maternitat - Pavelló Mestral
Trav. de les Corts, 131-159. 08028 Barcelona