Barcelona Provincial Council is reviewing all the pages of its website in order to bring them into line with the accessibility criteria established by the legislation in force, with the goal of facilitating access to its content for as many people as possible, regardless of their capacities and the platforms they use.
In order to achieve this goal, it has followed version 2.1 of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1 ), drawn up by the working group of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), at the AA conformance level. These guidelines have been referenced and adapted to the corresponding national regulations: UNE-EN 301549:2019.
- Royal Decree 1112/2018, of 7 September
- Royal Decree 1494/2007, of 12 November
- Law 13/2014, of 30 October
About the adaptation process
We would like to make two points about what we mean by the term “process”:
- Over the next few months, the content of the website’s various sections will be progressively brought in line with the new format. We realize that we will not formally achieve the required level of accessibility until the entire contents of the portal have been brought into line with the new format. However, we also realize that this gradual approach is the only way in which to train the persons responsible for creating and maintaining content. This training is essential in order to be able to sustain the level of accessibility for which we have opted. Furthermore, we will rely on our users to help this process of continuous improvement thrive through their contributions.
- The term “process” is also indicative of the approach adopted by our organization: we do not envisage accessibility as a milestone to be reached, but rather as a continuous process for improving the quality, usability and accessibility of our products. Accordingly, once all of our pages have been adapted to the new format, this will simply constitute another step on the road of continuous improvement, which is our ongoing commitment.
It goes without saying that it is impossible to follow this path without the collaboration of our users. As such, and as always, we strongly encourage you to make your opinions known to us, not only in order to correct errors but also, as far as possible, to address your concerns and preferences.
If you encounter any problems in accessing the content of the website, or you wish to make suggestions for its improvement, you may do so by writing to the responsible parties through the contact form.